B.S. Biology, summa cum laude, Yale University, 1995
M.D. Harvard Medical School, 1999
Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Washington, 1999-2005
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Washington State Medical Association
- 84th percentile, Plastic Surgery Inservice exam, 2004
- 91st percentile, General Surgery ABSITE exam, 2002
- NSF Summer Institute in Japan Research Award, 1996
- Chinese-American Physicians Society Scholarship, 1996
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1994
- National Association of Collegiate Gymnastic Coaches All-America Scholar-Athlete, 1993
- Cardiovascular Research Scholarship Award, American Heart Association, 1991
- NASA Space Grant Scholarship, 1991
- National Merit Scholarship, 1991
Muzaffar AR, Friedrich JB, Lu KK and Hanel DP,"Infantile fibrosarcoma of the hand associated with coagulopathy,"
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, April 2006; 117(5):81e-86e.
- Lu, Kimberly; Bazarov AV; Yoon LS; Sedivy, JM. "Isolation of temperature-sensitive mutations in the
c-raf-1 catalytic domain and expression of conditionally active and dominant-defective forms of
Raf-1 in cultured mammalian cells," Cell Growth and Development. 9: 367-380, May 1998.
- Weissinger EM; Eissner G; Grammar C; Fackler S; Haefner B; Yoon LS; Lu Kimberly; Bazarov A; Sedivy
JM; Mischak H; Kolch W. "Inhibition of the Raf-1 Kinase by cyclic AMP agonists causes apoptosis of
v-abl-transformed cells," Mol Cell Biol 17(6): 3229-41, June 1997.
Bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells are a source of transforming growth
factor beta-3 in unwounded skin. ASPS Senior Resident's Conference, Houston TX March 2005.
- Nippon Roche Research Center, Kamakura, Japan.
- Visiting researcher. Investigated role of PKCd in the response to ionizing
radiation by isolating clones of PKCd for use in generating transgenic mice. 1996.
- Dept of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University
- Created temp-sensitive mutants of v-raf utilizing site-directed mutagenesis and characterized mutants
by Western blot, CAT, 3H-thymidine, and cell culture assays, 1993-95
- NW Regional Primate Research Center, University of Washington
- Studied mechanisms of interferon action through characterization of the dsRNA activated P68 kinase,
analysis of tumor cell extracts, and identification of transgenic mice, 1992
- Dept of Microbiology, University of Washington, sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- Assisted in the identification of an acetoseringone receptor in Agrobacterium tumefaciens
utilizing transposon mutagenesis, 1991
- Research Science Institute, UC San Diego, sponsored by Center for Excellence in Education.
- Devised methods to differentiate Sebastolobus alascanus and S. altivelis for population modeling, 1990
- Running, home remodeling, international travel
- Asian Health Association, Harvard Medical School.
- Co-chair, 1996-97. Member, 1995-97
- Scuba Diving. PADI Open Water Diver, 1998
- Advanced Open Water Diver 2000
- Overlake Hospital volunteer, 1987-1991
- Pediatric ER and Adult ER volunteer. Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1992-94.
- Collegiate gymnastics. Yale University varsity letter winner 1992, 93, 94, 95. Ivy League team champions 1993, 1995.